You always hear complaints about people sugarcoating their internet presence, especially in the blogging community. It's the norm for posts to showcase shopping hauls, fancy vacations, kids dressed like little models, planners filled out and followed meticulously. Here's the thing...no one likes a negative Nancy and airing your dirty laundry online isn't cool.
I share a lot of good here. I'm sure it looks like I have my shit together. In lots of aspects I do. I'll admit it. I'm really organized. I'm a list monster. I like everything a certain way. With that said, there are other things I suck at that I'm sure other Mom's are amazing at. On with it.
- I raise my voice. I'm not proud of it, but I do. My Grandfather is a loud Italian. My Mom is outspoken. I don't know quiet. Finley is becoming a yeller and I blame myself.
- Ironing. I tried. I really did. Since the early days Joe's jobs have all had laundry services where they pressed his chef jackets. The new restaurant does not. The first time he took his shirts to the cleaners to be pressed I felt guilty. I'm a stay at home mom! I can't fail at that, but I do. After that one time of him going to the cleaners, I started ironing them myself. My ironing sucks. The shirts still have wrinkles. Today I caved and handed him a wad of shirts to drop off at the cleaners. Whatever.
- Admitting when I'm wrong. Ask my husband.
- My language filter. I was never going to curse around my kids. That was before I had kids. Again, I blame my parents for this one. I try, y'all. I do. I guess I just feel like in the grand scheme of things, it's really not that bad to occasionally slip. As a kid I knew what words were bad and not to say them.
- My memory. Hence the lists. I forget everything. My mind is going a mile a minute and without my lists I'd be in trouble. I've even forgotten to bring my lists before (to the grocery store)! I can be going in the kitchen to get something and Joe will ask me for some water as I'm headed there. I get side tracked and forget more often than not.
- Going with the flow. I can't. I dislike this flaw the most. I'm a planner. I like things perfect. Spontaneity really stresses me out. When something doesn't go as planned, I get all flustered. I wish I could just calm down and enjoy things more. I envy Mom's who can go with the flow. One's who don't worry about every little thing.
Now, I challenge you. Comment here or write your own blog post with some things you suck at. Everyone is a whole lot of awesome, but no one is perfect, myself included.